The Perfect Christmas Coffee
I would like to share is my recipe for "Christmas coffee". I have come up with this recipe after a lot of trial and error and I feel that the result is really good. So here it goes.What You Need:
- whole cinnamon - 1 stick
- fresh ginger - 3 slices
- whole cardamom - 1 tea spoon
- whole cloves - 3 pieces
- water - 4 pints (around 2 liters)
- coarsely ground coffee - 10 tablespoons*
- condensed milk (optional)
- Put cinnamon, ginger, cloves and cardamom ito a pot. Add water and bring it to boil.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes. Then leave it for an hour (or overnight for a stronger flavor).
- Bring the mixture to the boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes again. In the meantime, grind your coffee.
- Take the mixture off the heat and leave it stand for 20 seconds (so that you do not burn the coffee).
- Add the coffee into the mixture and leave it standing for 2 minutes.
- Sieve it through a paper coffee filter or through a cheese cloth.
- Add condensed milk to taste and serve.
* I love to make this with a medium roast coffee. I feel that dark roasts do not work that well for this.
This is a great drink on Christmas afternoon - or on any cold winter day for that matter.